Slydar

Last night it was time to give Slydar some love. We decided to head into ZF in Tamaris. Now imagine this as a group makeup, a 36 fury warrior named IDKMYBFF, (my room mate), who is about 6 levels too low to be there, a DPS Pally named Stubbie, who is the protégé of Alent, Slydar, and a 70 Frost Mage named Remie, (Tallarin’s alt). Now granted the 70 can solo this place, but would still have to be somewhat careful. Every time IDK moves, she agros more mobs due to level, which just makes things more fun.

So now we have Stubbie tanking, Idk doing DPS, Slydar healing, yes the feral druid was healing with his limited mana pool, and Remie just melting faces. The problem here is Sly does a couple of heals and he is OOM. We almost lost Remie due to Stubbie pulling in as many mobs as he could, so it was time for a true healer. Remie ported Slydar to Darnassas to respec. He is now a full resto druid which solved the problem. I healed through the rest of the run, and even gained another level without issue.

This is the first time that I have really healed anything difficult. I did ok, although there was a time when I thought IDK was dead. She was taking damage too fast for the hots to get in front of it, and I saw her health counter go to 0 as I popped off tranquilly. As it turns out I popped it at just the right moment because I saw her health begin to rise again. Tranquility has got to be the greatest of all spells in the game. I also learned to use swiftmend, which is a life saver in those tight spots. I am using healbot for my healing uses, I can't imagine, well I can, but it would take some practice, doing it the old fashion way of target the person click the spell. I did start to do some of that last night to remove poisons and what not though. I only had to use my battle rez once, and it was on IDK which is truly not bad considering level of the group vs. the instance. Tanking is fun, but then healing is just as much fun. I am so confused what I am going to do with him lol. I am going to leave him resto for now and see how he does solo before I decide to respec him back to feral for the leveling process.

I have made a decision. I have always lived by the statement that friends don’t let friends join pugs. This is mainly because you are playing Russian roulette with your gold as you never know what you are going to get. I have many times had someone quit partway through because they didn't have enough time to finish or didn't like the group makeup for what ever reason. The people you join up with have no real loyalty or reason to die their way through with you. I really want to be exalted with the Shattered Sun and doing dailies is just not cutting it. Knurd got the last piece of armor last night to give him a full epic set, and now just needs one more piece over all to be a fully epic toon. This means that I need to get myself exalted so I can craft [Assassin's Alchemist Stone]. Thursday is going to be spent dying my way to exalted with Shattered Sun in pug groups going through MgT. By the time I am done I will know that instance front to back with no issue at all. Let’s just hope that I don’t end up spending more in repairs than that trinket is worth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment