Shimmer Joins the Team

Monday nights are generally un-eventful, I either farm gold or farm mats to stay at the top of my game during raids. Like every other hunter I have been having agro issues with Sapphire, since 2.4. After doing a lot of reading yesterday, I discovered a lot of hunters stating that they were not having agro issues with their birds while the rest of us were having a rough time doing anything solo because I spend more time kiting and melee which slows the kill process down. To be honest, it made the game less fun to solo with Knurd.

Before we went and did our sunwell dailies last night, I decided to head to Skettis and tame a Skettis Kaliri and try that out. I hated putting Sapphire away in the stable as I have spent almost all of my time with her. After putting Sapphire in the bank, I headed out for my new pet. I tamed Shimmer and headed towards the Sunwell for dailies.

I started with autoshot and saw no difference, although chalked it up to it being a new pet. Then Shimmer couldn't pull agro off our priest, (Holy), and she asked, as her main is a hunter if I had remembered to teach her growl. Doh! So I did that. I went back to the auto shot rotation and didn't pull agro again. The next mob I worked my arcane shot in and still didn't pull agro. Then our tank, Prot warrior in DPS gear, couldn't pull agro off Shimmer. Yes, we do dailies with a standard 5 main raid crew lol. I went off by myself and sent Shimmer in, let her gain about 3k of agro ahead of me, which took no time at all, and went into a full raid mana burn rotation and didn't pull agro until I critted. I think I have found my new solo pet.

Looks like everything is now peachy in my world. I just hate that I had to stop using my cat in order to be able to solo. So it appears that as other hunters find out what I have, Skettis is going to be short of birds for a while lol.

I would also like to mention that the one thing that I never wanted to see gruul drop as I knew it was an upgrade but is ugly as all get out dropped from Gruul the other night ... I will be gemming and enchanting my [Gauntlets of the Dragonslayer] and dawning them for the first time during the raid tonight. Why do those have to be better than my T4?

4 Comments:

  1. nitehawke said...
    I guess at the end of the day, nothing looks quite as good as your name at the top of the dps leaderboard :)_

    like the blog

    - Nitehawke
    Anonymous said...
    Tier 4 armor sets are a strange construction. The raw stats are not that impressive given the relative difficulty of procuring these items. Set synergies vary in utility but don't seem persuasive enough to collect the entire outfit.

    I always thought it was a bit strange that many glove drops in Kara/Gruul/Mag actually best T4 as you've discovered.
    Knurd said...
    Thank you for the support ... Blizzard has done some strange things alone the way with stats ... it's like my shoulders being better than T4 ... I need to get the pants so I can have the bonus, but continue to use the rest of my gear ... The pants are the only piece of T4 that is an upgrade for me at this point.
    nitehawke said...
    I think the gear tradeoffs have made things kind of interesting. Instead of a linear progression of incrementally better gear, you have to decide how different pieces interact. Makes things a bit more customizable, and also allows certain players to justify decisions based on aesthetic preferences... :)

Post a Comment