This is in response to the Shared Topic from Blog Azeroth entitled Preparing for Wrath of the Lich King.
The impending expansion is something that is affecting everyone. Each person in a different way, but in some way. The only people that appear to be completely oblivious to the impending changes are the PvPers as they just seem to take things as they come. I have noticed that our core group of raiders has changed several times recently, despite our progress into Mt. Hyjal and the promise of tier 6.
I have given some thought lately as to if this is all for nothing. I am enjoying the new content, but I have noticed that my focus on gear and getting drops is not what it used to be. I still enjoy the new shiny treat that rolls my way from time to time, but then again here in a few months none of it will matter.
I am a post BC player therefore have never had to experience removing epics in place of greens and blues, but my time is rapidly coming. I have the badge Chest and gloves like many people, and my true T5 shoulders. Every piece of gear on both of my toons is there because it’s the best in slot that I have been able to lay my hands on and this will not change. I will not stop upgrading either one of them just because it won’t matter shortly, that doesn’t mean that I don’t think about it.
It’s a lot of work to become part of the elite just so that I can start over with new gear. On the other hand, all this hard work now will make the “grind” to 80 much simpler as the 2000 + RAP power of our top level toons must be ignored ... so balance is preserved, the new mobs will be designed for destruction by toons that are not nearly as progressed as us.
I intend on switching my main for the expansion, and making my way through the new zone using my Priest instead of my hunter. Knurd will be going with me, but he is going to take a backseat to my new love. The order of leveling will probably be Benedykt, Archdeity (who will be 70 and shadow at that point), and then Knurd bringing up the rear. I may re-think this however as Knurd is the gatherer. I guess it will depend on how quickly I want to get back into raiding and how badly I need gold. (The idea of flight being 10k gold scares me ... 5k is bad enough)
I have been asked about my blog and the changes considering I will be playing a full time raiding priest. I don’t foresee my blog changing much as I don’t focus on one class currently, this is really more just my opinion on things. Theory crafting is already done by a lot of sites, and really I would just be repeating the information already out there ... therefore I try and be as useless as possible.
I am not stock piling mats or doing anything like that, I will make gold the way that I always have … therefore I am not looking to make a quick profit at the start, I would rather just enjoy all that the expansion has to offer without worrying about such things until the time comes.
What have you done or are doing to prepare?
Labels: General Wow, WoLK