I have been giving a lot of thought lately to the true state of the guilds in WoW. This past weekend one of our hunters was asked to come and help out in a guilds first run of Kara. He had an alt in this guild a long time ago from what I understand. I am lucky in that I never went through the learning process of Kara, instead I found a guild that needed a hunter and therefore they gave me the free Kara epic pass in order to get me geared.
I pay attention to sites like Wow Jutsu which show things like 99.95% of all guilds have cleared Kara. I have always just assumed that this was accurate, and that everyone has done this. I am starting to realize that this is not the case, and feel that we are taking our position of killing bosses in T5 content for granted.
I found a new blog this morning, Kestrel’s Aerie. Hopefully the writer enjoys agreeing to disagree as I do because I enjoy the writing even if I don’t agree with the point of view. If you find the time, stop over there and check it, it’s well written and informative. I am sure they will let me know if they don't like someone disagreeing to their writing publically ... or at least pointing out another point of view.
It would appear that they are working their way through Kara, and still find the place exciting. This got me to thinking … Not everyone is claded in epics, and clearing Kara in just a few hours. We have complained because we feel that Kara should be on a 3 day reset so we can farm it for more badges. I think this argument has come from our short sightedness about what the true state of guilds in the game truly is.
I equate this line of thinking to this: You hear of rich kids who state that they didn't realize that everyone doesn't live in big houses with fancy cars and a swimming pool. This happens because everyone they meet lives the exact same way that they do. When you look at us and the people we associate in game, they are all on the same level of raiding that we are. This is not because we don't want to associate with the others, this is because we have a huge guild, and therefore rarely have to pug anything. On the occasion when we do pug something, we are very selective about the gear the person has on because we are looking for players just like us. It's not snobbish; it's just what we are used to.
I am going to start paying better attention to those around me, and the gear they are in because I am now curious about the true state the guilds in the game.
Labels: General Wow, Kara, Raid