I have been working for a couple weeks now on putting together the best ZA group I could come up with. There have been suggestions from other people that are part of the original core group, which have been taken to heart. This has lead to having to re-think some things, and replace some people. I think I have put together the best group to obtain the ever elusive bear mount I have ever been on. Everyone on the group is very capable players, and furthermore they are well geared. Our group consists of:
Kungming – Resto Shammy
Tallarin – Holy Priest
Alent - Prot Warrior
Erec - Prot Pally
Sundaradon – Shadow Priest
Shamhat - Shadow Priest
Knurd – BM Hunter
Trenarius – Warlock
Mariejan – Warlock
Aryealle – Mage
The interesting thing about this group is there is no melee. This was not done on purpose, but fitting the bill for everything I wanted and fitting melee in there was not possible. This is not to say that timed clears can not be done with melee in the group, (I have never completed one), but I choose this group because of the following:
Resto Shammy – Chain Heal FTW. Kungming is a very capable, confident healer. He main heals many of our 25 mans, and has bonus healing of 1956. He should be able to easily heal through anything we find, and the totems go without saying.
Priest – Buffs and flash heal. Tallarin is a very good player, and she also main heals in our 25 mans. She has bonus healing of 1938. She has healed us through many runs and should be able to heal this group without issue.
Warrior Tank – Threat build up, and single target tanking. Alent main tanks Gruul/Mag, and knows his role and the game very well. He also has DPS gear, and therefore can DPS when only one tank is needed.
Protection Pally – AOE Tanking/AOE DPS. Erec plays his pally in a very capable fashion and AOE tanks with ease. Due to consecration, their tanking DPS numbers are very high and build threat based up on the damage they are doing to the targets they are not even looking at.
Shadow Priest – wanted one, got two. Mana batteries, this will help the group stay full on mana as well as reduce the time between pulls. Sundaradon comes highly recommend as a good and solid player. Shamhat I have played with quite a bit and is also a very solid player, and a great addition to any group. Not to mention the MC they both bring to the group.
Hunter – High single target DPS. I am not going to boast on myself, (although that is sometimes fun hehe), but unbuffed pull a consistent DPS of 700, and am very mana efficient. I have done 4 hour Kara clears, which means no time to drink between pulls. This causes you to learn to conserve your mana while still doing the max amount of damage possible.
Warlock – wanted 1 got 2. I wanted at least one warlock for soul stone and cookies. I needed one for our priest so she could self rez, (The Shammy can already do that), and now that we have two, we should be able to have our priest stay up no matter what. Hopefully she doesn’t die, but if she does, we are prepared. Warlocks are also great for fear and AOE dps. Also if things start to go wrong, the fear is a great mechanic to help a bad pull, or possible wipe begin to recover. I have played with both Trenarius and Maryjan quite a bit and both are great players and think for themselves. They don’t ever have to be asked to do things, they just see them start to go wrong and are all over it.
Mage – Food / buffs / aoe – Aryealle comes highly recommended as a solid player and a great mage. Mages are always a solid choice for both AOE and single target damage.
That is my ZA group, I think with a little practice one of us will have a bear mount in the stable. Everyone on the list has been to ZA before which will help greatly. They are also all known to do their homework as to know the fights that they have never seen. This should cut down the amount of time explaining.
Snuggles,
Mugglebane.