Epic Failure

One of the fun aspects of the game is to figure out how to go faster. Never mind the fact that you still have to wait on everyone else, so really you have not gotten anything done any faster; you are just the first to arrive. That is part of the fun of being a BM hunter; we are talented to make our pet hit more. SURE, that’s the reason we did it. The mounted speed increase is just a bonus. Combine that with your riding crop and you are winning the races every time … except for the damn Pallys. That pursuit of Justice is crap. What justice are they doing anyway? Fighting the terrible crime of ugly monsters that always come back? Oh well, I guess that’s called job security.

There are several people in my guild, (including me), that have been using Be IMBA to find out what they are and are not geared for. I put faith in this right up until today. I logged last night wearing my Riding Crop because I was mounted. Thanks to outfitter, I no longer forget to take it off! Well unless I am mounted when I log (nub). I made some gemming changes to Knurd, mainly having to do with his hit so I could wear [Ring of the Recalcitrant] instead of [Violet Signet of the Master Assassin]. I finally removed the intel and stam gems and replaced them with +hit gems, so I gained a little DPS through the conversion and luckily my friendly neighborhood gem dealer had some on hand making it very cheap. I am told it's always good to have your dealer owing you favors.

Knurd has maintained a gear rating of 219.8, according to Be IMBA, this was also before I scoped his bow, so I was expecting to see at least a little upgrade. This put me geared for Hyjl/BT which is good because we have rage on farm, but are working our way through TK/SSC so I am a little ahead of the game where I like to be. I ran him through this morning and it came up 203.83?? This puts him bearly at SSC/TK. The only negative thing that has changed is he is wearing his [Riding Crop] instead of [Hourglass of the Unraveller].

This makes me question just how reliable sites such as this are. I know that our GM and leads have been using the site to help decide who gets to go on some raids and who still needs some work. These sites generally tell you important information, such as mis-enchanted items, missing gems, low quality gems, things of the kind, but I don’t think they can be relied upon to decide if you are ready. I know that I will not be using them for this any longer.

The moral of the story here is this … if your guild has been having trouble getting through Hyjal it’s probably your fault. Due to your complete obsession with going faster, instead of doing more damage, you have failed Warcraft and Life in epic proportions. You should forever be kicked from your guild because you set them back from downing Rage to wiping on Lurker trash just because you left your riding crop equipped.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment