I hope everyone had a fantastic holiday weekend! For those in the US anyway. What this weekend meant to me is a much needed 3 day vacation, and lots of wow time.
I would like to say a big FU to blizzard this morning. I understand the need to make encounters more challenging as to keep everyone engaged. I recently changed Benedykt over to Holy from the Dark side, so his gear is less than great, but not bad. He is mid Kara geared, but is getting there quickly. I have not even enchanted his gear as I want to make sure I have everything where I want it before I go wasting mats. With that said, he is still 1389 +heal buffed, so not too hateful.
Friday evening, I off healed in Kara. Saturday we finished Kara and I went a second time on Knurd. I went Sunday morning and healed the daily heroic, Botanica. Left there and healed Mech; both heroic. I was feeling pretty good about myself. I have never done MgT with Benedykt and was asked if I wanted to heal a normal group so several alts could get attuned for heroic. I said sure not a problem.
Our group was comprised of a Frost Mage named Remie, (Tallarin) a Bear Tank named DeadlyHeals, (he is normally a healer but has a full tanking set), a warlock named Babnet, (Alent) a Frost Mage named Englishfire, (Deadly’s Wife), and Benedykt. All of us are Kara geared, and ran in with my Kara group this weekend; except Babnet, Alent took his druid Neravan instead. This should have been no problem.
We zoned in, checked the 3rd boss group to make sure we got a group we could handle, and started our run. We had a couple of wipes mainly due to bad pulls, accidental pulls, and all of us playing classes we are not completely used to. For the most part the run went very smooth however. Right up until Kael'Thas Sunstrider. We wiped on him a total of 11 times, and never did get him down. I have run that place many times on my hunter, and so am very experienced on how that fight should go. It’s the same with everyone else. We tried it several different ways, even found a couple of different strats and tried those too. We finally gave up.
This is my FU to blizzard. I understand the need to make things a challenge for everyone, but I would think that an encounter should at least be possible for everyone … on normal anyway. I would expect a group such as ours to wipe on it doing heroic. THAT’S WHY THERE IS A HEROIC SETTING!
This is the second time I have encountered this situation in there … The first being the 3rd boss, we choose not to check and pulled a group that had both rogues in it … That was on my hunter and heroic. We changed the group out for other people 4 different times trying different class combos to see if we could get it, and couldn’t do it then either. That was with a T4/T5 group of SSC/TK raiders.
Blizzard went overboard with that instance in my personal, not so humble opinion. /FlexTheEgo
Labels: General Wow, Hunter, MgT, Priest, Shattered Sun Offensive
But in a group that routinely breezes through Heroic Mech, finished Heroic SH without working up a sweat, and accidentally ran Heroic Ramps when we thought we were on Normal...MgT seems as though it was designed for fail.
I'm sure you didn't think wiping on Kael 11 times was "humbling." I'm not calling for a nerf bat, but I do think the MgT design needs a sanity check.