When I think of Magtheridon, I think of it being a walk in the park. Something to take the alts to. In fact, the fight is over so fast that we head out to see Gruul afterwards. We have even had a discussion about downing Void Reaver in the same night. We should be able to accomplish this in about two and a half to three hours.
We didn’t do any raiding this weekend, and I was feeling the itch … Saturday night, LATE Saturday night I got a whisper from someone that I did some leveling with a while back. We keep in touch just to chat from time to time. They are a member of a very small guild. They have formed several partnerships with other small guilds to raid together. They have been doing Gruul for a while and wanted to attempt Magtheridon. I was asked if I would come along both for fun, and to give some advice on things that could be improved upon.
I always took this fight for granted as the first time I saw it, Defiant had already gone through the learning process and it was a walk in the park.
It was very neat to see people who so happy to be there just because it was new content … It’s the same feeling I get when we step into black temple or any of those places. After several attempts it was called for the night without killing him, but they have it down. A couple more attempts, and a little more coordination and they will be right there.
The part that amazed me is after a few wipes on a boss there is generally someone who is wining about a repair bill, or I have to go for some reason or what ever … there was none of that with this group. They took their wipes as a learning experience and went from there. I was very impressed with the group.
Point is there are still groups out there who are just starting into this content, and if given the chance the high end raiders should go alone with one of these groups, the determination and excitement that comes with wiping with a group seeing a “simple” fight for the first time is incredibly fun.
1 Comment:
-
- Anonymous said...
June 24, 2008 at 8:21 AMI love joining in on guilds that are exploring old content for the first time. That euphoria is very catching and I always feel better for having gone. It's one of the reasons why I try to seed our progression raid with neophytes when we go back to Gruul or Magtheridon for quick badges and gems; for us it's the same old, but for that pick up it's new and awesome stuffs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)