As many of you know, Anetheron bowed to the power of Defiant for the first time last week. This week was no different. We even had what I will call a wave of epicness. We were starting to wonder if we were going to see any trash epics this week when wave 7 of the Anetheron fight comes rolling in. I think the epic god tripped, stumbled, and dumped his bag of goodies out on defiant all at one time. Benedykt got his boots, tanks got cloaks, casters got cloaks it was a thing of beauty. The best part about it, we managed not to wipe while looking at loot.

At different points during that fight, Anetheron spawns infernals which require a tank crazy enough to tank them. That is where Erec comes in. He’s nuts but don’t tell him I said that. So back up to before we start … this is only the second time I have healed this fight, and my job is be the back up of the back up, on Erec. And raid heal. I asked Greyan where the best place for me to stand is, and he says over on the catapult. Sweet! I am a short dwarf therefore this should give me the perfect view of everything that is going on. Not a problem. I am still wearing my mooncloth set which has no stam on it … Thanks Blizzard. The first internal spawns … I fire of my Frisbee in Erec’s direction … I cast renew on him. We are prepped. I am pumped to backup the backup! I start into a greater heal on some other random raid member. The infernal reaches us. I suddenly have an oh shit moment … What Greyan failed to mention and I failed to remember is the infernals do an aoe blast. Yep, you guessed it, Erec is tanking the infernal right next to the catapult. I was dead before I hit the end of the catapult and granted the privilege of watching the rest of the fight from my elevated position on top of the catapult. I also realized that I really was just the 3rd string during that fight as they downed him without my help. Although I was the only one to die ...

We decided to move on and play with the Kaz’rogal trash. If you have ever read the strat on this guy, without shadow resist, he is going to just laugh at you. We don’t have any shadow resist, so it is truly just playing in the trash. Our first two attempts we go down at about wave 4, but we got the kiting of the gargoyles down … Attempt 3 was the greatest battle I have ever been a part of. It was hot! There is not better way to put it. Wave 4, then wave 5, then wave 6 … we weren’t killing them faster than they were coming so they were starting to pile up and the healers had not had time to drink. It was starting to look rather bleak.

Our RL drops, (GM’s T6 resto Shaman), he reincarnates … soul stones are being popped as the healers are dropping … wave 7 our first tank dies; I check my mana pool … WTH?? I am still at 75% mana and have not potted or used my sucker! Wave 8 rolls in still no drinking. All the tanks die but Erec and Alent. (Remember I said Erec was nuts?) … he runs to the gated entrance, throws down his consecrate and says I am gonna need some heals! He is now tanking all 9 of the trash mobs as our DPS is desperately trying to burn them down.

At one point grid showed 22k of incoming heals on Erec as we are desperately trying to keep him alive so we can see Kaz’rogal. He finally goes down as mana pools are starting to diminish and the amount of damage he is taking is too much for us to handle … we kept him up a good 30 seconds! About half the trash is dead and we are almost to the boss ... Down to 1 tank, our warrior Alent, 2 healers and 3 or 4 trash mobs. I am spam healing Alent trying to keep him up ... This goes on for 15 or seconds that seemed like an eternity. He goes down, but we kept him up longer than I expected. It was just awesome! It was most likely the greatest epic battle I have been a part of in the game, and one I will always remember.

It was the moment when Defiant cried out in one voice we will not die without a fight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment