Add-Ons

Photobucket


Add-ons are something that most people use for a variety of reasons. Some of those add-ons help us make gold, some help us keep from getting ripped off, and others provide vital raiding information, while others make it possible play our class. I couldn’t imagine trying to heal a raid without some type of a raid frame setup … Beyond that, I couldn’t imagine trying to do it without Clique. Today I am going to review a few of the add-ons that I use, and why I use them.

There is no portion of my UI that is stock. Not a single bit of it. I for one don’t like the way it looks, and it doesn’t provide me the information I feel is vital to my survival in PvP or PvE. Perhaps one day it will, but for now, I just change it around.

My list of add-ons are:

Chatter
Decursive
Clique
Grid
Outfitter
Cycircled
X-perl
BigWigs
Simple Mini-Map
Bartender3
Recount
Elkbars
Atlasloot
Metahud
Sunart
Gatherer
Auctioneer
Cartographer
Questhelper
Omen
Fubar
Wowmatrix



I am going to highlight a few of them quickly and why I use them … hopefully the ones that aren’t directly understandable.

Decursive – ask anyone who plays a priest and they will tell you how invaluable this program is. The Maiden fight in Kara is almost impossible without this add-on. It allows for the single click removal of curses and diseases on members of your raid.

Grid – A healing based raid frames add-on that allows the user to select members of their raid. Healers should always use this in conjunction with Clique

Clique – allows you to tie your spells to different combinations of mouse clicks while hovering over a raid frame. This is most useful when in a raid and lots of people are taking aoe damage. This will allow you to cast spells without changing targets … and decide quickly which spell you wish to use.

Cycircled – Simply changes the look of your buttons.

X-perl – re-skins the entire interface in reference to the party / raid frames

BigWigs – I prefer this over Deadly Boss Mod because it has a cooldown timer built in. I don’t use this on my priest as much as I do my hunter, but anytime anyone uses a spell that has a long cooldown, such as MisDirect, it tells you then counts down how long they have until they may use it again. This allows me to time my MD around everyone else.

Simple Mini-Map – relocate and change the look and size of your mini-map.

Bartender3 – Allows you to resize and bring up as many bars as you need to hold all your spells.

Elkbars – a Buffbar Mod

Outfitter – remember my rant about my riding crop? Every time I mount up this puts it on automatically … nuff said!

Chatter - Reskins the way the stock blizzard chat windows look and act.

Metahud – Display all of your pertinent information in a heads up display on the screen so you don’t have to look anywhere but the center of the screen.

Questhelper – takes all your quests, and displays the completion locations in a logical order for you to follow. Works best when used with Cartographer.

WowMatrix - This is probably the single most important addon that I have. It scans my addon folder looking at what addons I have, then checks their version numbers to make sure I have the latest version. If I don't, it tells me then goes out and loads the latest version for me ensure that I stay up to date.

Add-ons are something that a person can use as many or as few as they like. I have seen some people’s setups that supply more information than you need, where as the stock UI does not supply enough. The nice thing about it is it allows a person to play their game and have it look anyway they like.

All of these can be found at either Curse Gaming or using Wow Matrix

If you have add-on suggestions that I am not using that possibly I should be using, I would love to hear them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment