WoWEnabling

Knurd often takes the time to point out things in this blog that can be helpful to those of you
that raid on a regular basis, or tells stories about what happened that make us smile and sometimes
make us stop and think...:) This post is more for those of us that play in the background, we
love to play with our friends but don't always want to raid.....this is to the WOW ENABLERS.

I know, I know, you desperately want to know what is a WOW enabler and how do I become one, we all
want to be supportive of our hard core player, well here are my tips on how to become the best
enabler you can be........

1. Serve meals at the computer, there is no real reason for your raider to get up to eat, he/she
can eat between pulls

2. When they do die, this usually means it's time to run to the bathroom. You can sit at the
computer and click when they are offered a rez, keep them with the group if they have to move,
and pay attention to what is being said in vent, that way you can pass along any missed
instructions.

3. Make sure you learn who the important people in the raid are, that way with one word from your
hardcore player you can agree with who screwed up their part, and you will always know when they
yell shut up at the computer who they are yelling at eventually your night won't be complete until
they scream it at least once.

4. Make sure, and this is crucial, when the gm explains the pulls that you listen and learn, when
when they run this raid again you will totally impress your hardcore player when you can
word for word call out the fight. It is even more impressive when you do not have a 70 and
have never been there.

By following these four easy steps you will be well on your way to becoming the best WOW Enabler
that you can be....for now keep up the good work, remember practice makes perfect and you to can
become a level 70 WOW ENABLER.

4 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Not sure if it was the intent, but while reading the four tips I was reminded of that Southpark episode that featured World of Warcraft, in particular the scene with Cartman and his mother.

    The disappointing thing is that my significant other and I often participate in the same raids and neither of us could be considered casual players. I wonder how likely it would be to teach them to follow the tips to be enablers as well. I'm already working on trying to get them to farm for me!
    Knurd said...
    I have wondered the same thing to be honest ... I always have farming or something to do ... even if it's just sitting in Shat chatting with my e-friends ... I hate the idea of any guild first without me, I understand right where you are coming from Cynraanar. It's funny listen to her from the other room though, as she quotes our GM word for word at the start of our "farm" fights, (mostly Mag).
    Unknown said...
    I too now think of Auragirl as Cartman's Mom.

    If only she was you know as free with her charms :)
    Anonymous said...
    Mmm my wife (who detests WoW) has been known on occasion to literally spoon feed me my dinner when I have made it home late fro work, and have to jump right into combat.
    It can get a bit messy tho.

    And I am sure she has moved me about a bit while I have done a quick dash for the lemon tree.

    Not bad for a WoW Widow

Post a Comment